The 19th International Conference & Exhibition on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG2019), the next event in the LNG X series owned by the International Gas Union (IGU), Gas Technology Institute (GTI) and the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), is proud to announce the first wave of confirmed Plenary Speakers. The next edition of the most important and significant global LNG event will take place in Shanghai, 1-5 April 2019 with its key aim to conduct a strategic, technical and commercial event for the LNG industry.
Plenary speakers will feature representation from the leading global energy companies, Government Ministers and senior level non-industry representatives who will debate the most topical issues facing the LNG industry in 2019, as well as discussing where the future of the industry is heading. International energy experts confirmed so far include:
• Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
• Seung-Il Cheong, President & CEO, Korea Gas Corporation
• Mark Gyetvay, CFO & Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, NOVATEK
• Thierry Pilenko, Executive Chairman, TechnipFMC
• Octávio Simões, President, Sempra LNG & Midstream
• Prof Joe M. Kang, Incoming President for 2018-2021, IGU
• David Carroll, President & CEO, GTI
• Philip Hagyard, VP of Commission A2 – Liquefaction & Separation of Gases, IIR
China is the world’s fastest growing LNG market – Forbes recently reported “LNG demand increased 33% in 2016 and surged 50% last year, and China overtook South Korea as the world’s second largest importer after Japan”. This is an exciting time for China and the perfect time for Shanghai to host the industry’s premier event. Local confirmed speakers so far include:
• Senior-level representative from Shanghai Municipality
• Senior-level representative of the Chinese National Energy Administration
• Senior-level representative of CNOOC
• Yalan Li, Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Beijing Gas
• Dinan Huang, Chairman, Shenergy
• Alfred Chan, Managing Director, The Hong Kong and China Gas Company
These speakers will join other leading LNG industry figures, senior external experts and ministerial representatives to be announced in the coming months and will discuss the Plenary Topics defined the by the LNG2019 National Organising Committee, made up of representatives from the host country’s national associations, together with the Steering Committee:
• The Global Outlook for LNG
• New LNG Markets
• LNG: A Sustainable Fuel for a Sustainable Future
• The Changing Map of LNG Supply
• Business Models for a Competitive LNG Market
• LNG Infrastructure and Downstream Application
• Opportunities in the China LNG Market
The conference aims to highlight and discuss how the industry can adapt to rising global demand and play a major role in creating a sustainable energy future. The rest of the programme will be compiled of Paper Sessions and Research & Innovation Showcase Sessions selected through the Call for Abstracts process which closes soon on 24 April 2018. Industry experts worldwide are invited to submit abstracts by this upcoming deadline relating to strategic, commercial and technical topics including; Facility Operations Excellence, Capability Management and Process Safety, Advances in Project Development, Financing, Policy, Advocacy and Sustainability among others.
Mr Zhehong Wang, Executive Chair of the LNG2019 National Organising Committee, Deputy General Manager for Shenergy and Chairman of Shanghai Gas Group comments: “We genuinely welcome experts from all around the word to submit papers to LNG2019. It is a golden time for LNG development and we are waiting in Shanghai for the experts to join the discussions”.
The deadline for abstract submission is 24 April 2018 – please visit www.LNG2019.com for more information and contact details for the Programme Team.