SAN DIEGO, CA : Petroleum Equipment & Services Association (PESA) elected a new Chair and Vice Chair, along with five new industry leaders to its Board of Directors, on April 24, 2019 during the Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. PESA’s first-ever Platinum Award was presented at the meeting, along with the Emerging Executives Award, the Industry Advocate Award and the Industry Innovator Award.
Appointed to a first term on the Board of Directors:
- Matt Armstrong, Head, Global Government Affairs & Policy, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Michael Kearney, Chairman, President & CEO, Frank’s International
- Craig Lange, Global Strategy, Energy & Transportation, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Michael Reeves, President & CEO, Rubicon Oilfield International
- Andrew Way, President & CEO, Exterran Corporation
Reappointed to the Board of Directors:
- Chair Richard Alabaster, President – Surface Technologies, TechnipFMC
- Vice Chair Rod Larson, President & CEO, Oceaneering International
- Past Chair Dan Domeracki, Vice President, Government and Industry Relations, Schlumberger
- Chuck Chauviere, Vice President – Subseas Drilling Systems Oilfield Equipment, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Galen Cobb, VP Industry Relations, Halliburton
- Chairman Emeritus Chris Cragg, Executive Vice President – Operations, Oil States International
- Kevin Crowley, President & CEO, Forged Products, Inc.
- Burk Ellison, President – Supply Chain Services, DistributionNOW
- Kirk Shelton, President, NOV Completion & Production Solutions, NOV
- Donald W. Young, Chairman & CEO, Hoover Ferguson
Reappointed to the Advisory Board:
- Edward Bayhi, Vice President & GM – Drilling Pumps, Gardner Denver
- Pat Bond, COO, Encore Wellhead Systems
- Marco Caccavale, Vice President, Onshore & Offshore Production, Turbomachinery & Process Solutions, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- John Cavitt, Founder & CEO, Covenant Testing Technologies
- Kyle Chapman, President – Production Segment, Weatherford International
- David Christmas, Managing Director – Permian, Schlumberger
- David de Roode, Partner & SVP, Lockton Global Energy & Marine
- Michelle Lewis, Board of Directors, Energy Tubulars
- Scott Livingston, President, Intervention & Stimulation Equipment, NOV Completion & Production Solutions, NOV
- Josh Lowrey, CEO, Galtway Marketing
- Jill Massone, Director, Global Off-Highway Sales, Allison Transmission
- Santosh Mathilakath, President & CEO, LoneStar Group
- Scott McCurdy, President, Blackhawk Specialty Tools
- Quay McKnight, Chairman & President, M&M International
- David Paradis, Division President – Flow Control, Weir Group
- Doug Polk, Vice President – Industry Affairs, Vallourec USA
- J. Wayne Richards, President & CEO, GR Energy Services
- Bruce Ross, Managing Partner, OFS Energy Fund
- Laura Schilling, President, Pumpco Energy Services, Inc.
- Sanjiv Shah, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Simmons Energy, A Division of Piper Jaffray
- Tom Shepherd, President, Gulf Region, Cummins
- S. Soma Somasundaram, President & CEO, Apergy
- Mike Waters, President & CEO, SOR, Inc.
- Jim Wicklund, Managing Director, Energy Group, Stephens, Inc.
- D. Lyle Williams, Jr., Senior Vice President, Operations, Forum Energy Technologies
- Warren Zemlak, President & CEO, BJ Services
Several PESA Members were recognized for their service to the industry.
The inaugural PESA Platinum Award honoring extraordinary contributions to the industry and the oilfield services and equipment sector was given to Merrill A. “Pete” Miller, Executive Chairman, MHWirth. Pete is a former member of the PESA Board of Directors, as well as the past President, CEO and Chairman of NOV and former Executive Chairman of DistributionNOW.
The Emerging Executives Award was bestowed on Jigna Bhakta, Director, Chief Evangelist, GE, recognizing her extraordinary leadership within the Association and externally for the sector.
PESA awarded the Industry Advocate Award to PESA Human Resources Committee Chair Dave Warnick, Vice President, Human Resources, Weir Oil & Gas, recognizing his outstanding and personal dedication to advocating on behalf of the oilfield services and equipment sector.
The Industry Innovator Award was presented to PESA Advisory Board member Sanjiv Shah, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Simmons Energy. This award is presented to the PESA member who has shown significant engagement and leadership in leading/charting a new course for the sector.
PESA congratulates all award recipients and thanks them for their contributions to the oilfield services and equipment sector.